January 17, 2012

Cabbage and Sausage Soup

So I had been planning to make this soup for about a week before I finally had the chance to make it.

Unfortunately yesterday my day was spent in the ER.
Lucky me has a bladder infection.
But, since I am determined and was given some amazing pain stuff, I still made time to make some yummy dinner. :)

Cabbage and Sausage Soup

Ingredients:

1/2 head of cabbage
1/2 white onion
4 cups 99% fat free chicken broth
4 cups of water
1/2 green pepper
1 medium potato
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 lb. ground sausage (or whatever meat you prefer)

Directions:
Chop up the cabbage, onion, pepper, and potato and put them into the crockpot. Add the chicken broth and water to the vegetable mix. While those things are heating up in the crockpot, brown the sausage in a frying pan and then add to the crockpot with all those other yummy and delicious things. Put it on medium heat for about 6 hours and when you come back you'll have some yummy goodness. :)  



This recipe serves 4 and has about 260 calories per a serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment