January 27, 2012

Cherry Chip Oatmeal Cookies

So after my near death experience I am back, alive, and blogging.
Word to the wise... never get a kidney infection. I have never wanted to die so badly.
And I didn't even want to look at a recipe, that's when you know you're sick.
(at least it's true for me) :)

Any whooooo, the first day I started feeling better I had to get baking.

I know these may not be the most appetizing looking cookies but my fiance didn't 
seem to mind considering he devoured two of them fresh out of the oven.
One of my favorite things about different holiday is that they always have some kind of
fun candy to go along with them. Well, I found these cherry m&m's and HAD to use them
for something, so I added them along with some marshmallows to my favorite oatmeal
cookie recipe. The result was yummy, gooey, cherry goodness!




Just look at all that melted marshmallow... I am making myself drool. :) mmmMmmm


Ingredients:

1 cup uncooked oats (anything but steel cut and instant oats works well)
1/3 cup splenda (or whatever sweetener you choose)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cherry M&M's
1/4 cup marshmallows

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Put oats, splenda, cinnamon, and salt into a bowl and mix.
3. Add the applesauce, egg, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
4. Fold in the M&M's and marshmallows to the oatmeal mix.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet and bake for 15 min.


While they are cooking you can enjoy the adorable picture of my kitten sleeping. How cute!

This recipe makes about a dozen cookies and each cookie is about 75 calories. Can't go wrong there!


No comments:

Post a Comment